The new Sunset Valley course reopened to the public August 18, 2018. The new course design has transformed Sunset Valley into a distinctive course accommodating every level of golfer with unique features unlike any other golf course in the area.
The project included a complete renovation of all tees, fairways, greens, bunkers as well as overall infrastructure, drainage and storm water management upgrades.
The most distinguishing change in Sunset Valley is the transformation of a virtually flat course to a course with dramatically changing topography achieved through strategically placed berms, swales and undulations at each hole.
Other distinct features of the new course include:
- All 18 greens have been rebuilt to meet USGA specifications
- Hole shaping and strategically placed bunkers.
- Multiple tee complexes to create different course lengths
- Cart path re-routing and additional curbing features
- Hole #4 is the new “Signature Hole” with a larger lake and a stone wall embankment reshaping the green into a peninsula
- Hole #5 enhancement includes a new green site cut into the existing landform behind the original green with fescue outlining
- Hole #12 expansion of the lake improves visibility of this beautiful water feature from the tee shot landing area
- Hole #13 new green site which includes a longer hole
- Hole #16 expansion of lake improves aesthetics
- Hole #18 new putting surface connects with the putting green to create one large putting surface providing a dual purpose