PARK DISTRICT OF HIGHLAND PARK
Section 2. Information Collected
A website user’s name, e-mail address, or other information submitted to a Park District website may contain a user’s real name or other personally identifiable information and, as a result, may appear to the Park District. Like many web sites, the Park District may also automatically receive general information that is contained in its server log files such as a user’s IP address and cookie information.
A user’s name, when linked with another identifier such as an address, telephone number or other personally identifying information, is considered “Private Information.”
The Park District of Highland Park may collect the following information:
- Name and phone number
- Contact information, including email address
- Demographic information, such as zip code, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers
- A small file, called a cookie, may be placed on the user’s device to customize operations, and enhance the user’s experience. The cookie helps analyze web traffic and stores user’s site preferences.
Section 3. Use of Information
The Park District of Highland Park solicits some personally identifiable information to permit users of this site to register for programs and activities organized by the Park District. Likewise, if a user sends the Park District an email with questions or comments about our programs or services, we do collect the user’s email address and any other information that the user volunteers.
The Park District of Highland Park also solicits information to understand website users’ needs and to provide better service. Except where consent is given or implied, the information which is automatically collected by the website to customize operations and enhance the user experience is not stored or used with personally identifiable information.
The following list describes how this information is used:
- Internal record keeping
- Information is used to improve programs and services
- The Park District may send promotional email about the following:
- New programs
- Special Park District of Highland Park offers
- Offers from sponsors or partners
- Other information of interest to users
- The Park District of Highland Park may use information to contact users by email, phone, or mail.
- The Park District of Highland Park may use information to customize E-newsletters, electronic alerts, or other notifications of interest to users.
- The Park District of Highland Park will not provide users’ information to third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- The Park District of Highland Park will never sell, distribute, or lease users’ information to third parties unless permission has been granted or required by law.
Section 4. Security
The Park District of Highland Park is committed to ensuring the security of users’ Private Information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures are in place to safeguard and secure the information collected online.
Section 5. Controlling Personal Information
Users can choose to restrict collection or use of Private Information in the following ways:
- User may decline to fill in a website form by notifying the Park District of Highland Park by phone, email, or by submitting a Contact Us form.
- Previous permission for use of personal information may be retracted at any time in writing or by email.
Section 6. Links to Other Websites
Section 7. Disclaimer
Although we work to provide reliable, accurate content on a timely basis, neither the Park District, nor any of its agents, officers, or employees warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by this system, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from this system, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not current. Any person or entity who relies on any information obtained from this system does so at their own risk.
Reference in this website to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public and does not constitute the Park District’s endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Park District, its officers, employees or agents.
Sunset Valley Golf Club is proud to be a member of the following prestigious golf organizations: